Data Mesh: Overview, Definition, and Perspectives
- Type:Master's thesis
- Date:ab sofort
Data mesh is a socio-technical approach to build a decentralized data architecture with a focus on domain-orientation and self-service. However, the term is fairly new and no coherent overview and definition exists. In this Master Thesis, you will to analyze literature and perform interviews with experts in the field to provide a holistic overview of the concept. This Master Thesis will be performed in collaboration with experts from IBM.
Working on this thesis you will:
- apply your theoretical knowledge in qualitative studies, especially literature review, expert interviews and their synthesis
- Discuss high-impact research with top scientists and practitoners in the field
- become an expert in domain ownership and data as a product thinking
We look forward to receiving your application because you...
- have experience with qualitative studies
- have experience with machine learning and data analytic methods
- team orientated and highly motivated
- want to gain first-hand experience solving real-world problems within the industry
Start: As soon as possible
Duration: 6 months
We offer you a challenging research topic, close supervision, and the opportunity to develop practical as well as theoretical skills. If you are interested, please send a current transcript of records, a short CV, and a brief motivation (2-3 sentences) to Dr. Niklas Kühl. (niklas.kuehl∂kit.edu).